Cable Operation at Liverpool and London page 3
Resource Type: Image | Posted on 21st September 2012 by Liam Physick
The bulk of this page is taken up with two more Bury prints: “Railway Office, Liverpool” and “Warehouses, &c., at the end of the Tunnel towards Wapping”. The bottom sixth of the page explains how cable traction at Edge Hill and horse power at Lime Street were both discontinued in 1870. However, the goods station at Wapping continued to use cables: it was reached via a 1 in 48 gradient tunnel from Edge Hill.
Categorised under: The Station & Railway Pioneers